Cheesey Bob's Quote Page
This is just a page of quotes I found to be intriguing enough to put here. I mainly like quotes about people, the mind and about technology.
Quotes by C.G. Jung
- I have frequently seen people become neurotic when they content themselves with inadequate or wrong answers to the questions of life. They seek position, marriage, reputation, outward success of money, and remain unhappy and neurotic even when they have attained what they were seeking. Such people are usually confined within too narrow a spiritual horizon. Their life has not sufficient content, sufficient meaning. If they are enabled to develop into more spacious personalities, the neurosis generally disappears
- As a child, I felt myself to be alone, and I am still, because I know things and must hint at things which others apparently know nothing of, and for the most part do not want to know. Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.
Quotes by Irvin D. Yalom
- Some day soon, perhaps in forty years, there will be no one alive who has ever known me. That's when I will be truly dead- when I exist in no one's memory. I thought a lot about how someone very old is the last living individual to have known some person or cluster of people. When that person dies, the whole cluster dies, too, vanishes from the living memory. I wonder who that person will be for me. Whose death will make me truly dead?
Quotes by Marjane Satrapi
- The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we dont know each other, but we talk and we understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.
Quotes by Sydney J. Harris
- The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like computers.